Sunday, February 12, 2012

Football Helmet Fruit Tray

I wanted to make something healthy with a football theme to take to the  Super Bowl Party we were invited to. After about an hour of searching, I decide fruit was probably going to be the healthiest thing I could do, so now I had to make a football helmet.  I got a small, round watermelon and cut off the bottom to use as the face mask.  I carved it out to make it look like a face mask and set it aside in the fridge.  Then I started to take the watermelon meat out of the rest of the top of the watermelon.  This was going to be used as the top part of my helmet.  So after it was all cleaned out, I cut the curved opening to make it look like the helmet top and set that part in the fridge.  Next, I cut up all of the rest of the fruits I was going to use for my fruit tray.  With a few toothpicks, I secured the top of the helmet to the base and place all of the fruit inside and around the helmet.  I am happy to say it was a huge hit!


No comments:

Post a Comment