As the economy took a dive, we have all had to cut back on certain things. There's no reason why we still can't look great - even on a tighter budget. Here are a few tips that will keep you looking amazing and not put a hole in your wallet.
Give yourself a weekly hot oil treatment -
Save a bundle by substituting jojoba oil for more expensive hair repair products. You can find jojoba oil in natural food stores like Henry’s, Whole Foods, etc. for around $10 or less.
· Spread the oil liberally through dry hair
· Put on a plastic shower cap and cover with a hot towel for 30 minutes
· Wash hair completely (no need for conditioner) and rinse with cold water
Reduce redness, Get milk -
Soak a clean wash cloth in cold milk, lay down and lay the wash cloth on your face for 10 minutes. The fats, proteins, amino acids and vitamin A in the milk will reduce redness and calm your skin.
Minimize under eye circles, Caffeinate your eyes -
Did you know tea bags can help to perk up tired looking, puffy eyes?
· Soak the tea bags in hot water for about a minute
· Then put them in ice water to cool for a few seconds
· Lie down and relax and put the tea bags directly over your eyes for 15 minutes
Mix your own whitener -
Make a paste from baking soda and a little water. Brush your teeth with this paste a few times a month and it will help to remove superficial staining and whiten your teeth by a shade or two.
Keep teeth whiter longer -
If you are a fan of red wine, but not a fan of purple teeth, try this simple remedy. While you are sipping your favorite red wine, snack on a few crunchy raw vegetables.