Sunday, May 1, 2011

What a weekend!

This weekend was dedicated to the little one in my belly. First, I have to thank my husband for being such a good sport and letting me drag him to these events.  Deep down I think he had a good time and I know he did it for me and to make me happy, which is very smart on his part.  I mean who really wants a pregnant lady mad at them? 

Saturday we went to the Your Natural Baby Fair.  It was a local event in San Diego that featured many local vendors that sell natural baby products or provide holistic services.  It was refreshing to see so many vendors that promote, support and cater to the health and well being of your family the natural way.  I am proud to have them in my community and wish them well with their businesses.  The classes and lectures they had were very informative and we learned a few things.

Sunday we made the drive to Santa Monica for the kick off event for Pregnancy Awareness Month.  The weather couldn't have been more perfect for the event since it was partially outdoors.  What a great event!  Celebrating motherhood and pregnancy with such a wonderful group of people was great - and being told I was a beautiful pregnant woman throughout the day was pretty amazing too!  They had a lot of great vendors at the event, the gift bags were terrific and everyone was so friendly.  One of my main reasons for going to this event was to meet Kim, the owner and co-founder of gDiapers.  After loads of research trying to find the best cloth diapering system for us, gDiapers blew away the competition.  I just had a few questions for her and this was my perfect opportunity to get to ask her face to face and learn more about the diapers.  She couldn't have been any sweeter.  She was very approachable and extremely knowledgeable on her product. She answered all of my questions, gave me tips and tricks about the diapers and showed me a few other products they make that I hadn't seen before.  I was already very impressed with the company and their product.  Her professionalism and kindness surpassed all of my expectations.  It was very refreshing meeting the owner of a company that actually appreciates it's customers.  Thank you very much Kim, you made my day and it was an honor meeting you.

No comments:

Post a Comment