Saturday, April 23, 2011

Flushable liners for cloth diapers

I'll be honest, my husband doesn't seem 100% on board with cloth diapering.  I think he will eventually see how much money we will save and it isn't as hard as everyone says.  I am going to try to make it as easy on him as possible, so I have been researching flushable liners.  I know about gRefills, but I was looking for a flushable liner to use on top of the cloth insert.  Most of what I have read says that with newborns that are exclusively breast fed (which is what we are planning for) to not use these liners in the first few months because they will be messy.  The cloth tends to catch the water soluble waste better and there is less of a chance for explosions.....  Hmm, sounds interesting!  The first brand of flushable liners I'm going to try is made by Bummis.  It's their bio-soft flushable liners.  They come in a roll of 200 and will fit perfectly over the inserts in the gDiaper.  As for the newborn stage, I might use a fleece liner on top of the cloth diaper or no liner at all.  I will probably try both ways to see which works best.

***UPDATE*** While I was at the Pregnancy Awareness Month kickoff event in Santa Monica, I spoke with the owner & co-founder of gDiapers and they will be coming out with a flushable liner sometime in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment