Friday, April 22, 2011

Cloth diapers....you've come a LONG way!

I was a cloth diaper baby and want nothing more than to use cloth diapers with our children, both because of the impact (or lack of) they have on the environment as well as our wallet.  In the past 30 years cloth diapers have advanced so much and now there are so many choices for parents.  After reading reviews, watching videos and talking to parents who cloth diaper their kids, I decided to go with the  gDiapers.  It's a hybrid diapering system, meaning you can use a cloth insert or a biodegradable insert.  The biodegradable insert can be flushed in the toilet or thrown away.  I plan on using the cloth inserts, but may on occasions use the biodegradable insert.  It is nice to know that if I happen to be out while using the biodegradable insert and I have to throw it away, it won't be sitting in a landfill for over 500 years. The insert breaks down in 50-150 days and that's something I can live with!  One of the best things about the biodegradable insert - wet waste can be composted.  We have a composter in our back yard, so this was a big plus for me.  I received my gBaby Bundle today and thought to myself how I couldn't have received a better delivery on Earth Day!  It includes 12 newborn tiny gPants, 6 small gPants and 80 disposable inserts.  FYI - the 6 small gPants come with the snap in liner included.  I ordered a pack of the liners just in case since I couldn't find any information if they did or didn't come with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment