Saturday, September 22, 2012

Jamie Eason's LiveFit Program

Now that I have breastfed Addison to a little over a year, I'm back in school and she's in daycare part time, I decided it's time to start focusing on me again.  She has become independent and doesn't have to have me play with her all the time and the clingy days are just about gone.  I had a pretty good body pre-pregnancy and I really only went to the gym to do cardio every once in awhile.  I realize I am older now, but I would like to believe that if I apply myself at the gym, then I can actually look BETTER than I did pre-pregnancy.  I just finished training for my 1st duathlon and I finished at my goal time.  Ready for my next challenge, I have decided to work on my body as a whole.  I have been going to the gym more regularly and my diet isn't horrible, but it could be improved.

After doing quite a bit of research as to what my diet and fitness goals are, I decided Jamie Eason's LiveFit 12 week Program is what best fits me.  When I started Phase 1 three days ago, I still didn't follow the diet exactly.  This past weekend I got all of the proper foods and prepped my meals for the next few days.  This will make it easier for me to follow exactly what I should be eating. I don't think that was being fair to the program, so I'm going to start again on Monday, Sept. 24th.

I use the Daily Burn Tracker app on my iPhone to keep track of everything. I find it makes me more accountable and I pay more attention to what I'm putting in my body if I write it down. It also helps me know when I should have more water or food. I've noticed sometimes I get so busy with my daily activities that I forget to eat, which is a horrible thing to do. By tracking my nutrition I can easily see that it's time to eat again.

I will be posting pictures (before and progress) and measurements of how my body changes. As much as it pains me to look at my before photos and be reminded of how out of shape I was, I still think I should post them to show the progress of this program.  I realize I am not horribly out of shape, but I am a long way from the ideal body I had before. I try to keep it real and put everything in perspective. My body could be in worse shape.

I am not going on a diet, I am changing my habits and lifestyle to a healthier version.  I like to think of it as an upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment